Municipal Bylaw or Violation Complaint

Please be patient with the Officers as immediate Hazard to Public Safety, and Emergency Situations will take first priority. All complaints are addressed in a timely manner and on a priority basis.

Making a Complaint in Person

The Community Peace Officers office is at #1 Waskasoo Avenue, Penhold, AB, which is located upstairs to the right at the Penhold Multiplex.

•   Municipal Enforcement Complaint Form

You can print this form off or attend the office and request one.

Making a Complaint by Phone

For faster assistance: if your complaint is related to Animal Control please call

For all other Municipal Bylaw or Violation related complaints, please be ready with the following information for faster response.

•   Your name, address and primary contact phone number

•   The address of the exact location of the property for which you wish to register a      complaint about or the vehicle style, make and license plate

•   A brief and concise description of the complaint

All information will remain confidential. No anonymous complaints will be accepted – you must identify yourself.

•   Freedom of Information and Privacy Act

Complaint call line: Office: (403) 886-3286

Making an Online Complaint

Fill out the Online Complaint Form carefully. Your online request may take extra time to process if you do not:

•   Fill out every field in the personal identification section - anonymous      complaints will not be accepted

•   Provide as much information as possible to reduce the necessity to contact      you for more information

After submitting your complaint it will be sent the Town of Penhold Community Peace Officers department where:

•   A file is created specifying your concerns

•   The officer investigates your complaint

•   Depending on the circumstances, the officer may issue a warning notice with      directions to remedy the problem within a specified time frame, may issue a work      order if related to unsightly properties for clean up, or issue a fine immediately

•   The officer may contact your to appear as a witness, if the matter goes to court

Complaint Follow Up

A Peace Officer will attempt to contact the complainant to acknowledge receipt of their complaint.

Municipal Violation Ticket Review

If you have received a Municipal Violation Ticket and wish to discuss this violation with a Peace Officer, the following process must be followed.

A request for an Administrative Review on a Municipal Violation Ticket that you have been issued can be submitted by:

•   In writing no later than 10 calendar days from the offence date.

Municipal Violations Administrative Review Form

If you would like to print off the form, you may submit it by fax: 403-886-4039 or personally drop it off at the address located at the bottom of the form.

•   By emailing the Peace Officers at no later than 10     calendar days from the offence date.

Please note: for faster processing of your review, to include the ticket number located at the top right of your ticket.

Town Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed from 12:00PM - 12:30PM)
Address: #1 Waskasoo Avenue, Box 10, Penhold, AB, T0M 1R0
Phone: 403-886-4567  Fax: 403-886-4039  Email: