Land Use Bylaw

The Land Use Bylaw outlines the types of development allowed in each land use district and provides regulations for those uses.

The Land Use Bylaw will identify when you need a development permit and those development projects that are exempt.

Land Use Bylaw 661/11
Land Use District Map

Land Use Bylaw Amendment Process

Changes to the Land Use Bylaw require the approval of Council. An application may be made by the registered landowner or their agent to change a zoning of a specific parcel.

The application is circulated internally for departmental comments and externally for comments from affected stakeholders and referral agencies. Depending on the nature of the request, a public meeting may be required. A report including comments received is presented to Council for their final decision.

Land Use Bylaw Amendment Application

Town Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed from 12:00PM - 12:30PM)
Address: #1 Waskasoo Avenue, Box 10, Penhold, AB, T0M 1R0
Phone: 403-886-4567  Fax: 403-886-4039  Email: