The next municipal election is October 18, 2021
Candidates running in the 2021 Alberta municipal elections may submit their nomination for election from January 1, 2021 until 12:00 noon September 20, 2021. Under new provincial legislation, the Town of Penhold has passed Bylaw 790/2020 - Nomination Deposit and Disposition of Deposit Bylaw.
Election signage will not be permitted before Sept. 20th, Nomination Day, and must be removed within 48 hrs after the election. Signage cannot be placed on Town parcels which includes municipal buildings, parks and on school property.
Advance Voting will occur at the Penhold Regional Library on Saturday, Oct. 9th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
On January 25, 2020 Council gave approval for Administration to proceed with the Electronic Voting System which will see voters using electronic devices as in past years. This ensures a fluid, accurate and efficient process. Bylaw 795/2021 Council Procedural Bylaw has been updated to reflect minor legislative changes.
Additionally, The Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) has made important changes since the 2017 election, including, Part 5.1 Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure.
Please check this page often for updates.
- What Every Councillor Needs To Know! A Council Member Handbook, AB Municipal Affairs
- Pecuniary Interest for Municipal Councillors, Municipal Affairs
- NOMINATION PAPER - Mayor 2021
- NOMINATION PAPER - Councillor 2021
- Important Dates and Information
- Councillor Remuneration Procedure -01
- Candidate Information Package 2021
- Bylaw 795/2021 ~ Council Procedure Bylaw
- Bylaw 794.2021 ~ Nomination Deposit & Disposition of Deposit Bylaw
- 2021 Voting Eligibility