Nominations for 2022 Now Closed
The Mayor’s Recognition Award for Youth is an opportunity for the community to recognize and honour youth who make a positive impact in Penhold through their actions. Youth nominated for this award have made a difference for others in their actions towards building a stronger community, school or organization.
This award will be awarded to an individual who helps others and their community. Possible reasons to nominate a young person for this award include:
- Volunteers their time throughout the community OR,
- Acts in good will to help others OR,
- Promotes community compassion in a personal way OR,
- Displays strong character and inspires others.
When you nominate a youth for the Mayor’s Recognition Award for Youth you are showing them they are valued as young citizens of Penhold by acknowledging their contribution to helping make Penhold a great place to call home for everyone in our community.
- Nominees must be a resident of Penhold;
- Nominees must fall within the age range of students in grades 7-12, by the nomination deadline. If the nominee is outside of the age range by this time, please consider nominating them next year;
- Winners may only receive a Mayor’s Recognition Award for Youth once in their lifetime;
- Nominators must be at least 18 years and should be from outside the youth’s immediate family.
How to nominate
To nominate someone for a Mayor’s Recognition Award for Youth, please complete the online nomination form below. Nominations will be open from March 15 to April 15, 2022. Award winner will be announced during Penhold Youth Week May 9-15, 2022. * Youth who are immediate family of Town of Penhold employees or Councillor Members are not eligible to receive this award.