One of the many reasons Penhold is a great place to call home is our community events. Community Events are a wonderful opportunity to meet your neighbours and enjoy fun activities as a community. The largest event each year is Penhold's annual Fall Festival held each September the weekend following Labour Day but there are events throughout the year for everyone to enjoy.
- Winterfest: Friday February 17, 2023
- Easter Eggstravaganza: Saturday April 1, 2023
- Canada Day Celebration: Saturday July 1, 2023
- Fall Festival: September 8-9, 2023
- Pumpkin Head Scarecrow Contest: TBD
- Community Christmas: Friday November 24, 2023
Questions? Please contact Carrie Black, Communications & Events Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-886-3287
Canada Day Celebration
September 9-10, 2022
Pumpkin Head Scarecrow Contest
The 2022 Pumpkin Head Scarecrow Contest will be held Oct 28-31.
Businesses and residents are invited to build a scarecrow with a pumpkin head and set it up in front of the Multiplex for everyone to enjoy. Judging will be done by public vote through the Town website and there will be prizes for the most votes in each of our three categories. Scarecrows must have a pumpkin for a head and be family friendly for everyone to enjoy. All scarecrows need to be set up, using the stakes provided along the Waskasoo Ave walking path in front of the Multiplex, by 6:00 p.m. Friday October 28 in order to be included in the online voting. Voting will be open from Friday October 28 until 9:00 a.m. Monday October 31.
Pumpkin Head Scarecrows can be taken down anytime after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday Oct. 30 and must be removed by 5:00 p.m. Monday October 31. Winner will be announced Monday October 31.
Click here to register your Pumpkin Head Scarecrow entry. Entry deadline is Tuesday October 25, 2022.
Contact Carrie Black, Communications & Events Coordinator, to answer any questions you have. email@example.com 403-886-3287
Come kick off the holiday season at Penhold's Community Christmas on Friday Nov. 25 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Penhold Regional Multiplex.
There is fun for all ages with:
- face painting
- fires outside with s'mores from Penhold Fire Dept
- wagon rides
- cookie decorating
- music performances by Penhold Elementary Christmas Choir and Penhold Crossing School Band
- Family Skating (6:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Hot chocolate supplied by Tim Hortons Penhold
- Penhold Museum Cookie Walk & Vendor Market
- Little Shoppers Area
- Silent Auction for Senior's Drop-In
- Santa Photos & activities in Library.
Make sure you are in the Multiplex lobby at 6:30 p.m. to see the Town Crier light up our new Christmas Tree!
Winterfest 2023 Friday Feb. 17 6:00-8:00 p.m.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone Feb. 17 at Ma & Pa's Bakery Cafe for an evening of community fun. Mother Nature is not making the ice fort easy but we are still going to have a great time at Winterfest!
- Ice Fort building (if Mother Nature cooperates)
- Winter games & activities
- Road Hockey (bring your own stick)
- Hot Chocolate
*Weather permitting. If forecast temperatures are lower than -15 with windchill this event will be cancelled but the community ice fort will still be created.