The assessed value is used to calculate your property taxes. Any error on your property assessment notice could impact the amount of property tax you are billed. Since tax bills are not disputable, it is important to review your property assessment notice before the appeal deadline.
Market value assessments are prepared utilizing Mass Appraisal. For residential property, assessors collect, review and analyze information from all arms-length real estate sales transactions that occurred over a 12 month period. The quality, size, feature, and age of your home are some of the factors in determining the final value of your property.
Since your property assessment is based on market value, it is affected by market changes caused by supply and demand. Your assessment will also be influenced by improvements or modifications you make to your property.
2019 Tax Chart Below:
• Administration includes office administration, payroll, taxes and assessment
• Public Works includes transportation, water, sewer, storm and garbage
• Planning & Development includes Economic Development
• Bylaw Enforcement includes animal control
• Family and Community Support services includes Penhold Youth Club and Family Resources